Moving

Moving is indeed one of the most stressful things you can do - I think I was on the verge of tears at least 3 times on moving day even though our move was as smooth as one can get!

Once we had a definite move date we could start packing away a few things. We had decided to go for a packing service so there was no point in packing too many things but I did pack my most precious things myself: my scrapbooks, my Disney books and of course my personal items (including jewelery).

On the day of the move, our house looked so empty:



When we got to the new house, it looked empty only for a few minutes, eventually almost every room had at least a few boxes, some random furniture and other stuff in it. I really can't stand untidiness so this was breaking point for me:


Gradually we've worked our way around the rooms and we are about 80% there. Sure, there are still pictures to put up and the kitchen cupboards are not really sorted in any way that is functional but we can at least live there and I don't feel like having a nervous breakdown every time I walk in the house. The kids bedrooms in particular are nearly there:

The guest room, however, is another story:

But my scrapbooking things (including all my albums) have found a happy home!
So we are slowly getting there... I'll keep you updated in about a month or so when it should all look even better!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your new home looks lovely and as usual, I'm really envious. I still wish we could move away from Kent. Sigh...maybe someday.
Anonymous said…
Oh, I know about moving! It's so bittersweet: saying goodbye to all those memories and rooms, but also saying hello to a new future and new memories! And yes! All those boxes are so overwhelming! Glad to see things are coming together and you are beginning to feel settled!

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog