Disneyland 1/2 marathon: 9 weeks to go...

Time sure has flown! It is now 64 days (9 weeks) until the big day and the Disneyland ½ Marathon!

Apart from the fact that the practical issues of travelling now need addressing (mainly transport, accommodation and how many park tickets do I need?) I have also stepped up the training and started ramping up the mileage.

It has been a challenge as there are always things that get in the way of a scheduled run (such as illness, work, weather, forgetfulness and, why not, laziness) but as the date looms closer and closer, these issues somehow become smaller and the need to pound the asphalt for a couple of hours becomes larger.

So the training is going as well as it could. The travel planning is also coming together. What about the fundraising?

As you may remember, I’m not just doing this race for fun, as an excuse to see my imaginary friends or to get to play in Disneyland… I’m also doing it for UNICEF. It seems appropriate as this is a cause very close to my heart and Disneyland is all about young and the young at heart.

So I am begging for donations now. My JustGiving page looks a bit empty right now so won’t you help me get started? Any amount is welcome as a little goes a long way for some of the neediest children in the world. I may not be able to take them all to Disneyland with me but at least I can bring a little hope and dreams into their lives by helping them get the basics that they desperately lack.

Also, by sponsoring me it means that the responsibility and accountability increase. So the next time I have a scheduled run and feel like coming up with an excuse NOT to do it, the thought that so many people are giving me money for a good cause will definitely get me into my running skirt and out there. The power to get me off my butt is in YOUR hands!

Please, please, please give me as much or as little as you can and help me help UNICEF continue with the amazing work they do. The children of the world will be eternally grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog