Hold on... a study in randomness and music

Okay, another one of these 'games' that I generally ignore but this one was a little different. I'm not tagging anyone so if you fancy playing along, please do!


1. Put your iTunes on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the meme as well as the person you got the meme from.

If someone says “is this okay” you say?

Colors of the Wind – from Pocahontas

Not a great start… this just doesn’t make sense!

What would best describe your personality?

Las chicas no tienen pilila – Los Inhumanos

Not much sense here either (this means “girls don’t have…” you know!) but I guess it does describe me at least.

What do you like in a guy/girl?

El 7 de septiembre – Mecano

While I do tend to like guys that have birthdays in September, I can’t make much sense out of this one either.

How do you feel today?

Cruela de Vil – from 101 Dalmatians

Okay this one does make sense! And while I don’t think I’m in such a wicked mood today, this also proves that I have a lot of Disney music on my MP3 player.

What is your life’s purpose?

The flying circus – from The Rocketeer

Hmm… I wouldn’t say my life’s purpose is a flying circus but it does have some sort of sense, in a surreal way… I do like this piece though and is one of my more obscure Disney themes

What is your motto?

Reach – Gloria Estefan

“If I could reach higher, just for one moment touch the sky, for that one moment in my life I’m gonna be stronger. Know that I tried my very best, put my spirit to the test…” not a bad motto!

What do your friends think of you?

Girls on Film – Duran Duran

Literally I am not a ‘girl on film’ but the song always reminds me of the raunchy video and YES my friends probably think of me that way!

What do you think about very often?
Play – J Lo

Do I think about playing very often? I haven’t noticed but this is an interesting answer to the question. Maybe I should!

What is 2+2?

Gastame – Neon

Makes absolutely zero sense but at least the song makes some sort of numerical sense…? (it means ‘spend me’ in case you don’t speak Spanish)

What do you think of your best friend?

Never had a dream come true – S Club 7

This one is spooky – I do indeed think of my best friend every time I hear this song!

What do you think of the person you like?

Fastlove – George Michael

I guess it could fit, if only for the fact that both of us love George and actually love this song.

What is your life story?

Como la flor – Selena

“Si vieras como duele perder tu amor, con tu adios te llevas mi corazon…” very, very passionate song that I’m not sure fits me as I dont’ think anyone ever hurt me this badly…

(“If you could see how much it hurts to lose your love, with your goodbye you take my heart…”

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Lia – from Hoy no me puedo levantar

Another one in Spanish! I love the lyrics of this song and sorry but I won’t translate as they just don’t work as well in English: “Liame a la pata de la cama, no te quedes con las ganas, de saber cuanto amor nos cabe de una sola vez.” Not sure it’s what I want to be when I grow up but it’s a great image!

What do you think when you see the person you like?

Bet on it – HSM2

I wondered if any of my High School Musical songs would turn up! Ironically, it’s my least favourite out of the whole lot but I guess it does sort of answer the question…


What do your parents think of you?

Heaven in your eyes – Loverboy

No they don’t think I’m heaven! Probably quite the opposite…

What will they play at your funeral?

Thriller – Michael Jackson

I do like this song but is it a bit weird for a funeral… or strangely suitable?

What is your hobby/interest?

Singin’ in the Rain – Mint Royale

While I certainly do not like rain and would not sing in it, I happen to love the film and the whole musical genre so maybe it is one of my interests.

What is your biggest secret?

Waiting for that day – George Michael

Another spooky one, because it does fit… and it’s of course a secret so I’m not saying how!

What do you think of your friends?

Kids in America – Cascada

And literally, that’s what they are – kids at heart that (mainly) live in the American continent. Good one!

What’s the worst thing that could happen?

Here and now – Steps

Wow, that’s a bit harsh. I can definitely say that here and now is NOT the worst that could happen.

How will you die?

1973 – James Blunt

Huh? It’s a bit late for that now… !

What is the one thing you regret?

Any other world – Mika

Not making an awful lot of sense here either but I have few regrets anyway.

What makes you laugh?

Shut up and drive – Rihanna

Another one that makes cero sense…

What makes you cry?

Space Mountain – theme

Funnily enough, I did cry once when I went on Space Mountain!

Will you ever get married?

It’s gotta be you – Backstreet Boys

As I’m married already, I guess this makes as much sense as it can

What scares you the most?

Fabulous – HSM2

Another High School Musical song and another one that I don’t rate highly! But I am certainly not scared of fabulousness.

Does anyone like you?

She’s always a woman – Billy Joel

One of my all time favourite songs and I hope it means that people do like me.

If you could go back in time, what would you change?

Suddenly I see – KT Tunstall

“This is what I want to be, suddenly I see why the hell it means so much to me”. Sort of works right?

What hurts right now?

(You drive me) Crazy – Britney Spears

Doesn’t make much sense but I guess if I was hurting it would be driving me crazy…

What will you post this as?

Hold on – Take That

It works as a title I guess and if you’ve read this far then now you know why the title of this posting was so weird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog