Happy 80th Mickey!


Today is Mickey Mouse’s 80th birthday. On November 18, 1928 “Steamboat Willie” (incidentally, the first short with synchronous sound) debuted at The Colony Theater in NYC. He’s of course gone on to become one of the most famous (if not THE most famous) animated characters as well as the icon for The Walt Disney Company and appears on countless tons of merchandise all over the world.


On a more personal note, I can’t remember a time when I didn’t have some sort of Mickey Mouse item around me. Even my nursery (which of course I didn’t decorate personally!) had Mickey Mouse images and from that moment on I guess this little mouse and I were lifelong friends. Even though I have gone on to know and love many other Disney characters, it is Mickey that has always remained my favorite (and the one always on my watch, my earrings and/or my necklaces!)


So to celebrate the birthday of this little mouse that roared, and a beloved friend here is the short that started it all – and it is still as entertaining as it was 80 years ago!



Comments

911shazza said…
He looks so good for 80!! I love Mickey... have one of those silly antenna things on my antenna with sorcerer Mickey and I won't even start on the other stuff!!

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog