I'm still a super hot female

You know another great thing about Sex and the City? This show gave curly hair a sexier image!

Think about the time when it first hit our TV screens: I think everyone wanted to have straight Rachel hair and we spent hours with straighteners and hair dryers trying to achieve this look. For some girls this came easily as they were naturally blessed with poker-straight hair but for some of us it was a bit more of a challenge. But it was the fashion and we all suffered for it!

But then came Sarah Jessica Parker and all of a sudden having curly hair wasn’t a fashion disgrace – in fact, it could be the opposite. You could see that the catwalks now had models with curls, magazines suddenly had pictures of girls in less-than-straight hair: curly hair was vindicated.

I myself have wavy hair so, to be honest, it could go either way. It isn’t terribly difficult to straighten it but it does take time and it is quicker to get it to go curly. I hadn’t really embraced my curly side since the 80s when poodle perms were all the rage – possibly because of the lasting effect of this look on me! So I experimented one day and let my hair curl and the response was so good that I haven’t really looked back since. Sure, I still straighten my hair every once in a while but now I’m curly and proud. I am sure that it even suits me more and when it looks good it fills me with confidence.

A similar thing is happening with my running these days – although I can’t claim to have lost lots of weight or even inches, the small changes I have noticed make me feel good. I feel much, much fitter than I have felt in a long time and I also like the fact that my trousers are a little looser, that my skirts feel a little nicer and that my legs are a little more toned. Some changes are very small but enough for me to notice and gives my confidence a huge boost.

I have noticed that I walk with my head held tall these days and that I am proud of what I look like. Sure, I may not look anything like those skinny minnies all over the magazines but I know that I look great for me. It is such a great feeling and I know it comes from running and all the exercise I am trying to do these days.

I know there is still work to be done and some weight to be lost but I am confident I will slowly get there, in a healthy and sustainable way. I am actually enjoying the process and definitely enjoying this boost of confidence. There will be no stopping me now: I am confident, strong, smart, healthy, stunning and with a head full of soft, brown, spiral curls!

Comments

I can only admire you for going out running, more exercise is something that I definitely need. Really enjoyed reading your posts.
Jazzy1972 said…
Your blog is fun to read and I am so with you on the curly hair thing lol. Jay xx

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog