More marathon layouts...

There is a reason I don't upload my layouts to galleries more often - it's pure laziness. I do so many of them at once that then I would spend lots of time photographing, cropping, uploading, writing descriptions, etc.

But I am pretty proud of how this marathon album is turning out so I've made the special effort to share some more layouts with you!

The first three are about some of the more interesting places I ran while training over 2007 - Holland, Florida, London, Paris among others.



As part of the training I also ran in Milton Keynes, of course, as that is where I live. I even ran in our local half marathon as part of training. It was a low point in training as I struggled so much with the half marathon that I thought I could never do a full. I nearly quit at this point...

...But of course I didn't and eventually marathon weekend was here! This is more of a pocket than a layout but I wanted somewhere to hold all those precious documents.

Collecting my number - I had been confident up until the point when I saw so many people at the Expo! I wanted to include those memories in the layout and made sure there was lots of journaling.


Race Day! It was very dark when the race started and of course got brighter as the sun came up. I wanted to sort of mirror that with my album so the first few layouts are mainly dark colors and they get brighter as I progress along the course.


Notice how the sun is coming out in the photo and the layout colors are a bit more pinkish...




To be continued...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have the exact same patterned paper - I LOVE IT!!!!! You literally ran all over Europe for your marathon. That is soooo cool. I'm so proud of you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog