Even though I always hand in my assignments early, it doesn't mean I breeze through them!

A month ago I started my OU course Networked Living and so far it's been both enjoyable and educational. It is my second course so distance learning isn't a totally new experience for me, but it is my first level one course (the previous was a short course, 10 weeks only) and it goes on until sometime in September.

The past few days I've been working on my first tutor-marked assignment (TMA) and while it's been a pleasure to return to the world of lessons and homework, it has also been a little bit of a shock. I think the way education works here in the UK is different from what I am used to in Mexico and I struggle with concepts such as word counts which I've never really had to deal with back in my student days.

But I think I've done a good job on my first TMA and I've now completed it and submitted it too: nearly a week early! I am not sure when I get my results but I'm hoping for a good one... that is one thing that hasn't changed since my days as a full time student: I always complete tests before anyone else and expect nothing but perfection from myself. I didn't always achieve top marks but I nearly always aimed for those so why should I expect any different now? Besides, the fact that I handed things in early doesn't necessarily mean that I didn't struggle. I just was very, very good at knowing what I know and what I don't and was never good at sitting there waiting for divine inspiration. Either I know it or I don't and no amount of staring at the ceiling is going to make me know what I clearly don't.

Ah, how I miss those days... where the worst thing that could happen was that I failed a test!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on how I do on my TMA. In the meantime, I shall move ahead and start Block two. I do like the structure of learning and the satisfaction at receiving a good grade... let's hope it really is a good one this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog