Pollyanna? Well, yes, maybe I am!

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. “(Carlos Castaneda)

I found this quote a few years ago, can’t remember how, and it immediately stuck a chord with me. I think that this aptly describes how I go about with my life and what I think of myself.

I am always the person saying, “What is the worst that could happen?” whenever things get stressful at work or at home. I also like to remind myself and others that I do not work for an emergency service so, if the customers get their renewal letters a few days late, it really isn’t the end of the world! Stress should only be saved for truly stressful moments, not for every day “minor crises”!

At the moment I am facing unemployment but, instead of being miserable about it all, I am using this as an opportunity to maybe get on to something new or to take some time off to think about it all and decide what direction to follow. I’m almost excited about this opportunity I’ve been given! Other people have taken this harder (and some do have personal reasons to be worried) but I look at it all as a chance to change. After all, I have my health and my family, so it really isn’t “the end of the world.”

I haven’t been sitting down to scrap for a little while now, other priorities have taken it’s place but, instead of moaning about it, I hope to make a little time for scrapping tonight. I have so many layout plans in my head at the moment I’m sure I can work on at least two very quickly! So, instead of wasting my energy wishing I had more time to scrap, I’m thinking about it whenever I can so that when I get a moment, whoosh! It all comes together!

Call me an optimist but I find life is easier to live if you don’t spend all of it complaining about how miserable you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog